Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thrifty Thursday... I am out of alliteration.

In the midst of a heat wave going through much of the continental US, I hope you're all keeping cool and relaxed, preferably with a book in hand. I've been doing some reading specifically for my summer term classes as they wind down toward final exams, but I'm otherwise still enjoying some Patrick O'Brian and a little Anne Rice on the side. Anyway, on to the treat...

Susie over at All Things Royal (a terrific, royal-themed history and book review blog) is hosting a Tudor-themed giveaway. Go here to read all about her trip to Hever Castle, the lady Anne Boleyn's home, and to get a peak at her terrific prize!

In other Tudor news, I recently read that Joely Richardson has been cast as Catherine Parr for the fourth and final season of Showtime's The Tudors, which will air next spring. I think Richardson's a very good actress, having liked her a lot in Nip/Tuck, but I'm wondering how they will make her and Henry look closer to the same age, seeing as Jonathon Rhys Meyers is younger than her while Henry was actually older. Thoughts???

No comments:

Post a Comment